JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sow a thought

Sow a thought

“If you know that he is upright you must recognize that everyone whose life is upright is a child of his.

You must see what love the Father has lavished on us by letting us be called God’s children – which is what we are!” (1 John 2: 29 – 3:1)

Do I truly believe that I am a child of God? It is an act of great love on the part of God to make me his child. Do I fully realize what this means? Correct thought is the key to correct action. Belief empowers action. I will think differently, speak differently and behave differently today if I truly believe that I am a child of God. How do I empower myself with the powerful thought of my filial adoption?

As I reflect on the above, this thought comes to mind:

Sow a thought and you reap an action.

Sow an action and you reap a habit.

Sow a habit and you reap a character.

So a character and you reap a destiny.

Our destiny is to be children of God but there are a number of steps to the full appropriation of this gift. It starts with a thought of our divine filiation. We get the thought from the word of God. The next step is to act as if I am a child of God. Then another action. More action until it becomes a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2