JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Blood of Christ

“Bulls’ blood and goats’ blood are incapable of taking away sins, and that is why he said, on coming into the world:
‘You wanted no sacrifice or cereal offering, but you gave me a body. You took no pleasure in burnt offering or sacrifice for sin; then I said, ‘Here I am, I am coming,’ in the scroll of the book it is written of me, to do your will, God.’
He says first you did not want what the law lays down as the things to be offered, that is: the sacrifices, the cereal offerings, the burnt offerings and the sacrifices for sins, and you took no pleasure in them; and then he says: Here I am! I am coming to do your will. He is abolishing the first sort to establish the second. And this will was for us to be made holy by the offering of the body of Jesus Christ made once and for all.” (Hebrews 10: 4 – 10)

It is God’s will for me to be made holy through the Mass. The Mass is for me the source of sanctification. It is the Mass which fulfills for me the promise of Isaiah 12: 3, “Joyfully you will draw water from the springs of salvation.” During the epiclesis, I will ask the Holy Spirit to make me holy as he consecrates the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2