JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Smile at Jesus

“Look up at the Lord and smile; your face will never be ashamed.” (Psalm 33:6)

Where can we look up at the Lord today? We know and we believe that the Lord is truly present in the Blessed Sacrament. We know and we affirm that he is truly present body, soul and divinity in the Eucharist. These things we know by faith.

How can we smile at the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament and in the Eucharist? Sometimes I come to the Blessed Sacrament and to the Eucharist with a lot of burden. But I make it a rule that before I step into the presence of the Lord, I leave my despondency behind. I recognize him whom I am going to meet.

Being self-employed has helped me appreciate the real presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament in a very concrete manner. As a salesman, I have ‘often toiled the whole day and caught nothing.’ I know how looking up to the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament at the end of my day has restored my spirit again and again. Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness. Surely no one who looks up at the Lord and smile will ever be ashamed. I have experienced this and I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2