JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, February 09, 2007

God provides food for the young lion

I did not know why I suddenly felt like working in the St. Justin Martyr and St. Cyril of Alexandria area. But that was where I worked today. On my way, I stopped at St. Thomas Aquinas and took a nap. I made a few sales calls on my way to St. Justin Martyr. There, I visited briefly before going to the nearby Bishop Fiorenza park where I ate my lunch. I took Elridge to Westheimer. On Dairy Ashford, I saw Tomas of Bonanza Photos and chatted with him for some time. Tomas told me that he had not received a single call from the ad he placed with me in SCA. We talked about auto insurance costs. I advised him to try AARP.


 

Why does advertising work for one customer and not for another. Christ said that the Kingdom of God is like a farmer who sows a seed and then goes to bed. While he sleeps, the seed sprouts and grows. How? The farmer does not know. The seed grows to be one day a huge shrub that provides lodging and food to numerous birds. I also think of the young lion who goes to hunt. He does not know what game he would catch or even if he would catch any at all. How our efforts yield result is a mystery. What is required of us is faith and to be at our post and do our duty. Isaiah complained that his life is wasted because he could not see any result. God told him: Not so. The Prophet Habakkuk says:


 

"For though the fig tree blossom not

nor fruit be on the vines,

and the terraces produce not nourishment,

Though the flocks disappear from the fold

and there be no herd in the stalls,

Yet will I rejoice in the Lord

and exult in my saving God.

God, my Lord, is my strength;

he makes my feet swift as those of hinds.

and enables me to go upon the heights."

(Habakkuk 3: 17 - 19)


 

The Prophet Habakkuk is a deep man of faith. About faith, he wrote: "The just man, because of his faith, shall live."

What is required of us is trust in God, who provides the young lion his food and does the same for the sick and old lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2