JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Avarice

"Put avarice out of your lives and be content with whatever you have; God himself has said: I shall not fail you or desert you, and so we can say with confidence: With the Lord on my side, I fear nothing. What can human beings do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5)

What is avarice? Avarice is extreme desire to amass wealth. It is greed. To be avaricious means to be immoderately fond of accumulating. Avarice is wanting more than we need today because of fear of shortages in the future. Fear of what the future holds causes avarice. Lack of faith in God and his loving providence causes fear.

Lord, grant me strong faith in your powerful and loving providence so that I can leave tomorrow completely in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2