JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lent and Food

"For God says, 'In an acceptable time I have heard you; on the day of salvation I have helped you.' Now is the acceptable time! Now is the day of salvation!" (2 Corinthians 6:2)

Ten years ago, I confided the reflection on the above scripture to my journal:

"Lent is the time acceptable to God for 'rending the heart.' Does that mean that in seeking God, certain times are more acceptable than other times? Likewise, are some places more acceptable than others?

Lent is a time of grace. I recall that I experienced the miracle of healing from tobacco in the Lent of 1988. My great desire during this Lent is to overcome and neutralize the attraction of food in my life. God healed me of tobacco and alcohol. Now I want to be totally healed of food. But food is unlike alcohol and tobacco. It is a necessity. I want to overcome the inordinate attachment to food."

I am happy to report that God has totally healed me of attachment to food. I cannot recall the exact time of this healing. But without doubt, the healing started during the period of Lent.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2