JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Monday 2007

"My heart has prompted me to seek your face; I seek it, Lord; do not hide your face from me." (Psalm 27: 8 – 9)

Ten years ago, I confided to my journal this reflection on the above scripture:

"My heart has prompted me to seek God with a singleness of purpose this Lent. I know he will not hide his face from me. I can never forget the Lent of 1988. I had not observed Lent for a very long time. My heart prompted me to give up smoking just on Ash Wednesday. After Ash Wednesday, the desire to smoke dried up. God healed me of smoking addiction. Praise God!"

Today is Easter Monday. Since the miraculous healing I experienced at the beginning of Lent 1988, Lent has become my favorite season in the liturgical calendar. Today, my manner of living before and after Lent has synchronized. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2