JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Open Door

"I know about your activities. Look, I have opened in front of you a door that no one will be able to close – and I know that although you are not very strong, you have kept my commandments and not disowned my name." (Revelation 3:8)

The Lord knows about my activities. He knows everything about my job, the joys, the successes and the frustrations. Jesus knows all about me.

The Lord opened many doors in my life:

  • UACN
  • UEF
  • QOP
  • AJS

All these doors are now closed. There are many things in life that are transient. There are a few that are permanent. Jesus promises in Revelation 3:8 to open a door that will be permanently open for me. That door is Christ himself. Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

The Lord also knows all about my weaknesses.

Weakness:

  • Gideon's clan was the weakest in Manasseh (Judge 6:15)
  • We have no power against their great army (2 Chronicles 20: 12)
  • We are unable to build the wall (Nehemiah 4: 10)
  • Without me you can do nothing (John 15: 5)
  • I know you have only a little power (Revelation 3: 8)


     

  • I will boast of my weakness (2 Corinthians 11: 30; 12: 5, 9)
  • I am content with weakness, for when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12: 10)
  • They won strength out of weakness (Hebrews 11: 34)
  • Christ's power is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12: 9)


     

  • Help the weak (1 Thessalonians 5: 14)
  • Strengthen the weak knees (Hebrews 12: 12)


     

  • God chose what is weak (1 Corinthians 1: 27)
  • The Spirit helps us in our weakness (Romans 8: 26)
  • A high priest able to sympathize in our weakness (Hebrews 4: 15)

    ROGET'S THESAURUS OF THE BIBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2