JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Laity in the Church

Christ is the Supreme and Eternal Priest.

Christ wills to continue his ministry and serve through the laity too.

He therefore vivifies them in the Spirit and unceasingly urges them on to every good and perfect work.

Christ intimately associates me too in his life and mission.

He also gives me a share in his priestly function of offering spiritual worship for the glory of God and the salvation of men.

During the celebration of the Mass, I have the opportunity to offer my:

  • Works
  • Prayers/desires
  • Apostolic endeavors
  • Home life
  • Mental and physical relaxation
  • Hardships of life

To the Father along with the Lord. Through this means, I consecrate the world to God.



DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH (Vatican Council II)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2