JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Prepare yourself for action

"As for you, prepare yourself for action." (Jeremiah 1: 17 – 19)

When I read the above scripture ten years ago, I appropriated it immediately and confided the reflection below to my journal:

"How do I prepare myself for action?

  • Prayer
  • Eucharist
  • Word of God
  • Ministry
  • Study

What is the fruit of preparation?

  • At the right time, you will stand up and tell them all that I command you.
  • You will have no fear of them for God will make you fearless in their presence.
  • They will certainly try to terrorize you and discourage you. Resist it for if you let yourself be broken before them, I will break you before their eyes. I rebuke temerity in those who know me.
  • You will be a pillar of iron.
  • You will be a wall of bronze.
  • Be prepared to stand against the whole country if I ask you.
  • They will fight against you but will never overcome you.

For I am with you to rescue you, Yahweh declares."

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2