JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Power of Lent

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

Lent calls us to reaffirm our participation in the victory of Christ over the powers of death, sin and evil.

Lent calls us to return to the power and victory of our baptismal experience.

Lent demands that we abandon the confidence we place in the things the world loves, which brings us weakness in the face of evil, sin and death. It is a provocation to return to our source of power and strength – the victorious Christ.

Lent returns us to the power of the word and of the cross.

Lent is a journey. It leads from the recognition of the weakness and powerlessness before the forces of evil and sin to victory over those forces through the cross and empty tomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2