JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, September 17, 2007

The Lampstand 2

“You are the light of the world. A city set on the mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.” (Matthew 5: 13 – 16)

Amen! I accept your word dear Jesus. I am the light of the world. It is your intention that I be placed on a lampstand. Praise, honor and glory be to you. You want me to shine. I will. May the Father be fully glorified in me and in my work.

Matthew 5: 13-16 makes Christ’s intention for his disciples abundantly clear. He wants us to reflect his light to the world. He wants us to shine using the gifts he has given us.

There is a time to learn and a time to teach. There is a time to be under the bushel basket and a time to be set on a lampstand. Today I am under a bushel basket. I am learning. Tomorrow, I will be placed on the lampstand, shining. When the teacher is ready, the student appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2