JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Unless the Lord build the house..


“Unless the LORD build the house,
they labor in vain who build.
Unless the LORD guard the city,
in vain does the guard keep watch.
It is vain for you to rise early
and put off your rest at night,
To eat bread earned by hard toil—
all this God gives to his beloved in sleep. (Psalm 127: 1-2)

This scripture brings me peace, joy and consolation every single time I read it.  I discovered it many years ago when I embarked on a building project.  I did not have sufficient resources to complete the work in a timely manner.  Then enters Psalm 127: 1-2.  It taught me a lesson I will never forget.  I use this lesson everyday even if it is expressed in different words.  Here are some of the variations of the same theme:

  • ·         All inspiration and power come from God.
  • ·         God is the giver of all good gifts.
  • ·         God will complete the good work He started in me.
  • ·         Victory does not come from horses but from the Lord,
  • ·         Promotion does not come from east or west but from the Lord.
  • ·         If the Lord opens a door, nobody can shut it.


How great it is to know that whatever the project, the work, the trial, God is the source of our strength.  If He is with us, it is accomplished.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your on your own perception.”  (Proverbs 3:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2