JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Bear much fruit


"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples."  (John 15: 7-8)

The Father will be glorified when I bear much fruit.  What fruits are expected of me here and now?  Mango trees do not bear apple fruits.  Apple trees bear apple fruits and mango trees bear mango fruits.  As one baptized in Christ, I am called to holiness.  I bear fruits that bear evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit in me.  I bear fruits of love, joy, kindness, purity, gentleness, etc.

The Holy Spirit also equips me with special charisms to enable me to build up the Body of Christ.  These charisms are faith, teaching and prophecy.  I use these charisms to bear fruit in the area of my purpose:

"I have chosen you from the world to go and bear fruit that will last." (John 15: 16, 19)
"I will bear a witness to you in the world, O Lord.  I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers."  (Psalm 17: 50; 21:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2