JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Bearing abundant fruit


"I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

"I have chosen you from the world to go and bear fruit that will last." (John 15, 16, 19)

The choice, the call and the anointing all have one objective:  to bear much fruit.  We are chosen, called and anointed to bear abundant durable fruit.  How do we achieve this lofty objective?  Remain in Christ and allow Christ to remain in us.  We achieve this principally through the word of Christ and through the Eucharist.  Jesus Christ is present in His word.  This is why His word is alive and powerful.  The Eucharist is the real body and blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ.  When we eat His flesh and drink His blood, we achieve a level of communion and intimacy with Jesus that is beyond compare with any experience we could ever have with God.

"I will bear a witness to you in the world, O Lord.  I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers."  ((Psalm 17: 50; 21:23)  This is bearing fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2