JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, May 05, 2012

The Double Promise


"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." (John 14: 13 - 14)

I call this the double promise.  Jesus is the Goodnews.  His name is a gold mine.  Ever since I had the dream of falling from a cliff and saved by calling the name of Jesus, I have cultivated this Name.

It was a breakthrough moment in my study of Sacred Scripture to realize that the Goodnews is Jesus and that Jesus is the Goodnews.   He is the truth, the way and the life.  He is the Lord of history.  In His hands are all our destiny.  Since the Giver of all good things includes Himself as the Object of gift, can we ask less than the supreme gift?

Lord, I ask that you fill me utterly with your Holy Spirit.  Give me also the gift to surrender completely to Him so that He will transform me into your image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2