JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

You do not know what you are asking


"Jesus said to them, "You do not know what you are asking.  Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?"  (Mark 10: 38)

Prayer is both praise and petition.  In my own case, most of my prayer is petition.  We are so burdened by the weight of flesh that the spirit in us barely has room to soar in praise.

What makes up my prayer of petition ?  I pray for good health, for job and financial success, for family, my daily bread and protection from evil.  Jesus reminds me today, "You do not know what you are asking of."  Yes Lord, you are right.  I do not know what I am asking of.  I should trust you completely with every area of my life.  You know what is best for me.  I trust you to take care of me.

Your word to me, "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be yours as well," is true.  Help me never to doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2