JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Do you like to take risks in investing your money?


Do you like to take risks in investing your money?

Today, I have little or no money to invest.  I am not a gambler by nature.  I do not take unnecessary risk in life.  If I have money to invest, I will never take risk on it.  This is because risk taking comes with fear and anxiety.  There are two scriptures that come to me right now on this topic:

"Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.  Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 4: 6-7)

"Stay away from the love of money; be satisfied with what you have.  For God has said,
'I will never fail you / I will never forsake you.'
That is why we can say with confidence,
'The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid.  What can mere mortals do to me?'  (Hebrews 13: 5-6)

Risky investment creates the condition for anxiety and rejects the counsel of Philippians 4: 6-7.  Taking risk in investing money could also be a symptom of a heart that loves money.  This person has no trust in the loving and powerful providence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2