JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

I even consider everything as a loss because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus


"More than that, I even consider everything as a loss because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have accepted the loss of all things and I consider them so much rubbish, that I may gain Christ"  (Philippians 3: 8)

Jesus Christ is the Good News.  The Good News is Jesus Christ.  He is the top price, the pearly of extraordinary value.  The idols that compete with Christ Jesus - health, family, money, job, property/tools, food are all considered as dung compared with the genuine and priceless Pearl which is Christ Jesus.

“The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls.
When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it."  (Matthew 13: 44 - 46)

To know the heart of Jesus intimately, to love Him passionately and to follow Him everywhere is to have found and enjoy the pearl of greatest value.

"O Lord, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot.  For me, the measuring lines have fallen on pleasant sites, fair to me indeed is my inheritance."  (Psalm 16: 5 - 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2