JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Unless you become like children, you cannot experience life to the full


“Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."  (Matthew 18: 3)

What do you admire about little children?  They live the here and the now.  Most of the problem in life is not in the here and the now.  Many people would say that the here and the now is alright and adequate.  The problem for most people is living in the future.  Shall I have enough money for retirement?  Shall I be healthy enough when I retire?  Will my home and cars still be there when I retire?  Little children live one day at a time.  They play and have fun as if there is no tomorrow.

Little children experience the joy of surprises.  Ability to experience the joy of surprises opens one to the mysterious in life.  We are immersed in the the mysterious.  We live and move in God and He is touching our lives all the time.  Openness to surprises and the mysterious disposes us to seek and accept the miraculous in life.  The miraculous is simply the awareness of the touch of God.

"I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly."  (John 10: 10)  To live life to the full, you must become like children.  O Jesus, grant me the grace to become like a little child.  St. Therese the Little Flower, pray for me to receive this remarkable gift that you have in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2