JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Faith comes from hearing


"Thus faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the word of Christ."  (Romans 10: 17)

Although faith is a pure gift of God, God has nevertheless provided that the only way we obtain this treasure is through the preached or written word of God.  This is the way we received our faith.  This is the manner we can share in the mission of Christ to spread the faith.

"I have chosen you from the world to go and bear fruit that will last."  (John 15: 16, 19)
"I will bear a witness to you in the world, O Lord.  I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers, alleluia!)  (Psalm 17: 50; 21: 23)

How do I participate today in the Great Commission?
Lector, Teaching, Blog, Twitter, Email, Texting, and Conversation, Promised Cards.  When I become aware that these are the ordinary providence to sow the seed of faith, I am motivated to do it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2