JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 11, 2013

New Heavens and New Earth


"I am creating new heavens
and a new earth;
The former things shall not be remembered
nor come to mind.
Instead, shout for joy and be glad forever
in what I am creating.
Indeed, I am creating Jerusalem to be a joy
and its people to be a delight;
I will rejoice in Jerusalem
and exult in my people.
No longer shall the sound of weeping be heard there,
or the sound of crying;"  (Isaiah 65: 17 19)

The prophet paints the picture of the Church in the fullness of time.  How glorious is the destiny of the Bride of Christ!

"The world is yours if you be Christ's, 1 Corinthians 3:22.  When God is reconciled to us, which gives us a new heaven, the creatures too are reconciled to us, which gives us a new earth."  (Matthew Henry Commentary)

Anyone who is in Christ becomes a new creation: new friends, new clothes, new joys, new entertainments, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2