JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, December 18, 2016

The Lord removes the curse of barrenness

"They had no child, because Elizabeth was barren."  (Luke 1: NABRE)

Barrenness is the theme the Holy Spirit gives the Church today to chew and digest in the final Week in Advent.  The scriptures come from Judges 13: 2-7, 24-25 and Luke 1: 5-25.  

When I read these scriptures exactly one year ago, I was downcast.  The word of God was describing my situation.  I cannot be barren in the sense of the wife of Manoah in Judges 13 or Elizabeth in Luke 1.  It seemed to me that I sensed the Lord asking me: "What fruits have you produced for my Kingdom?"  I looked miserable.

Are you also barren in an area that matters most in life?  What God did for Zechariah and Elizabeth and Manoah and his wife, God can do for you and for me.  Let us pray to God to open our hearts in faith.

Abba Father, in Your mercy, take away all barrenness and bitterness in our lives.

Come O Son of God and Son of Mary.

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2