JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, December 23, 2016

Come O Son of David. Come and have mercy on us.

"Go and tell David my servant, Thus says the Lord:"  (2 Samuel 7: 5 NABRE)

Today is the last day of Advent and Christmas eve.  We hear so much of David in the Scriptures read in the Church this day.  Why is David such a pivotal figure in the history of salvation?  Consider the following verses from these Scriptures for today: (2 Samuel 7: 1-5, 8-12, 14, 16 and Psalm 89 and Luke 1: 67 -  79)

#1.  "I took you from the pasture, from following the flock, to become ruler over my people Israel."  (2 Samuel 7: 8)
#2.  "I was with you wherever you went, and I cut down all your enemies before you."
#3.  "I will give you rest from all your enemies."  (2 Samuel 7: 11)
#4.  "Your house and your kingdom are firm forever before me; your throne shall be firmly established forever."  (2 Samuel 7: 16)

#5.  "I have made a covenant with my chosen one; I have sworn to David my servant: I will make your dynasty stand forever and establish your throne through all ages.” (Psalm 89: 4-5)
#6.  He shall cry to me, ‘You are my father, my God, the Rock of my salvation!"  (Psalm 89: 27)

#7.  "He has raised up a horn for our salvation within the house of David his servant."  (Luke 1: 69)

Come O Son of David.  Come and have mercy on us.

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2