JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, July 17, 2017

O that today you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts.

 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would long ago have repented in sackcloth and ashes."  (Matthew 11: 21).

What is it of Bethsaida and Chorazin in your life? Where is the last outpost of resistance in your relationship with Jesus? Let us do a brief examination of conscience with the First Commandment:

#1.  "I am the Lord your God:  You shall have no strange gods before me."

Do I love anybody or anything more than God?

Do I give God time everyday for prayer?  Do I seek to love him with my whole heart?  Have I been involved with superstitious practices?

Have I been involved with the occult?  Do I seek to surrender myself to God’s Word as taught by the Church?  Have I ever received Communion in a state of mortal sin?  Have I deliberately told a lie in Confession or have I withheld a mortal sin from the priest in Confession?

Turn to the Lord in your need and you will live.  (Psalm 69).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2