JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I was born for the purpose of bearing witness to the truth.

 "For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”  (John 18: 37 ESV).

Jesus who was born to bear witness to the truth humbled and subjected Himself to the Mosaic principle of acceptable testimony.

“If I testify on my own behalf, my testimony cannot be verified."  (John 5: 31).

Jesus gives four witnesses that testify He came from God:

#1.  The witness of John the Baptist (John 5: 33).  The people know that John the Baptist is a credible witness.
#2.  The works of Jesus:  Jesus fulfilled all the messianic signs for the Messiah by the Prophet Isaiah. (Isaiah 42: 7).
The works of Jesus continue today in the works of missionaries and the Church.
#3.  The testimony of the Father:
"And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."  (Matthew 3: 17).
"A voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him." (Luke 9: 35)
#4.  The evidence of the Scriptures. (John 5: 39).

Do you believe in Jesus Christ the Only Begotten Son of God?
For those who are well disposed, there are more than sufficient evidence. For those who are not of the truth, no evidence will be sufficient.  (Cf John 8: 37).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2