JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, May 06, 2018

The Advocate whom I will send you will help you testify to Me.

"Jesus said to his disciples: “When the Advocate comes whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, he will testify to me. And you also testify, because you have been with me from the beginning."  (John 15: 26 - 27).

To testify to Christ or not testify, that is the question. That is the existential choice we have to make.  Those who belong to the Truth will testify to Jesus. (Cf John 8: 47).  "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."  (John 10: 27).

There are certain risks to fully committing to Jesus.  Hear them from the Master's lips.

“I have told you this so that you may not fall away. They will expel you from the synagogues; in fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you will think he is offering worship to God."  (John 16:  1-2).

Be prepared to lose your job, club membership, etc. They will assassinate your character, ruin your business and finances, etc. Are you prepared for this for the sake of Jesus?  Will you stay or run?

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2