JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, September 15, 2018

But you, who do you say that I am.

"And he asked them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter said to him in reply, “You are the Messiah.”  (Mark 8: 29).

Caesarea Philippi marks a watershed in the Gospel narrative.  What happens at Caesarea Philippi and why does it matter?  First, the Father reveals the identity of Jesus as the Son of God and the expected Messiah.  Secondly Jesus looks you in the eyes and asks you:  “But who do you say that I am?”
The answer you give to this test determines your life here and now and your eternal destiny.

St Jerome, Church Father and Doctor of the Church says:  "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ."   Jesus made so many promises during His public ministry.  Each of His promise shows us who He is.  Which of these promises do you appropriate that helps you to answer the question: Who is Jesus?

1.  "No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."  (John 15: 13).
2.  "For our sake he made him to be sin who did not know sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God in him."  (2 Corinthians 5: 21).
3.  "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides."  (Matthew 6: 33).
4.   "Whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."  (John 14: 13).

You can know who Jesus is through His words. He is the word of God and He is in His word.

From the Gospel, I know that Jesus is my Lord and my God, my Savior and my Redeemer. He is my Good Shepherd. Jesus is the Promise Maker and the Promise Keeper.

"Jesus asked them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter said to him in reply, “You are the Messiah.”  (Mark 8: 29).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2