JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The pledge of God to David and to us.

“I have found David, my servant;
with my holy oil I have anointed him, that my hand may be always with him, and that my arm may make him strong.” (Psalm 89: 21 - 22).

Thursday of the 4th week of Easter. As the solemnity of Pentecost draws near, we are tantalized by every word, every sound that points to the Holy Spirit. Our Scripture today comes from the Responsorial Psalm 89. David is one of my great heroes in the Bible. God anointed David copiously with the Holy Spirit thereby guaranteeing his success come what may.

What do you say of this pledge of God to David below?

“My faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him, and through my name shall his horn be exalted.
He shall say of me, ‘You are my father, my God, the Rock, my savior." (Psalm 89: 25 & 27).

My Father in Heaven, how good it is to know that You are my Father and that I am Your child!
Father, I believe in Your love for me.
Yes, I believe that You are a Father to me at every moment of my life, and that I am Your child!
I believe that You love me with an infinite love! Thank You Abba Father.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2