JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Give to the one who borrows and never pays back.

"Give to the one who asks of you, and do not turn your back on one who wants to borrow." (Matthew 5: 42).

Monday 15th June 2020, 11th Week in Ordinary Time.

Our Scripture verse today is one of the most challenging teachings of Jesus to me. I have avoided it in my Blogs for over 20 years. As a freshman in college some 40 years ago, I tried to live this teaching. Not because of any love of Jesus or His Gospel but because this was the way to friendships and easy popularity in a campus where I knew nobody. To make a long story short, I loaned money and books to guys that appeared honest and well-bred. They never paid back the money in time or returned the books. What pained me most was they did not seem to mind what their attitude was shouting loudly: We don't care for your friendship.

The habit of what I called wreckless lending cost me many valuable friendships I thought. Solution: My friend: "Buddy, do you have this book?" Answer: No. Another friend: "Lend me $20. I will pay you back on Friday." Me: "Buddy, I don't have a dime!"

Why did I decide to blog on this today? Two weeks ago was the Solemnity of Pentecost. I did the Novena and I learned something. I can't do any good in my strength. Not even the least. The Holy Spirit is promised us as a Friend, Paraclete, Advocate, the Voice that speaks in court for us. How do I activate this Dynamite Power to work for me? PRAYER! PRAYERS! Expectant PRAYER!

Since Pentecost 2020, I have read five books on the Holy Spirit. They all confirmed this word of knowledge. So if a difficult person is walking towards me with the intention of borrowing, I will pray quietly and quickly: Holy Spirit, tell me what to do.

Expectant prayer is based on the promise of Jesus: "Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find."

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2