JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

What is the missionary purpose of Jesus?

“To the other towns also I must proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God, because for this purpose I have been sent.” And he was preaching in the synagogues of Judea." (Luke 4: 38...44).

Wednesday 1st September 2021, in the 22nd Week in Ordinary Time.

At the end of the Gospel for today, Jesus declares His missionary purpose. “To the other towns also I must proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God, because for this purpose I have been sent.” In another statement of His purpose, Jesus declares: "For this I was sent: to bear witness to the truth."

We too must bear witness to the truth in the other towns. 

The Kingdom of God is here and now. The Kingdom of God is the reign and sovereignty of the King over His subjects. Jesus is the King. We are His subjects. To His subjects, Jesus says:
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11: 28 - 30).

Our King is gentle and humble of heart. This is the Good News that must be proclaimed to everyone. Do not be an outsider. Be involved. Be catechized and sacramentalized. Be an evangelist.

"I am Jesus. Mine it is to save, to heal, to vivify, and to make lovely in the sight of My Father the souls that consent to the operations of My mercy and to the secret action of the Holy Spirit. When you speak to My priests, remind them of the power and efficacy of a single act of confidence in My merciful love. Confidence opens the door to all the treasures of My kingdom. To one who has confidence in My merciful love, I can refuse nothing." (IN SINU JESU page 105).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2