JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, September 10, 2021

Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Peace.

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ but not do what I command? I will show you what someone is like who comes to me, listens to my words, and acts on them. That one is like a man building a house, who dug deeply and laid the foundation on rock; when the flood came, the river burst against that house but could not shake it because it had been well built."  (Luke 6: 43.... 49).

Saturday 11th September 2021, in the 23rd Week in Ordinary Time is the Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Let us honor Mary today as Queen of Peace.

We have in our key Scripture for today basic common sense message about building a family home. Common sense is not common. Every hurricane season, we see homes swept away by flood. Then we listen with incredulity the owners face the television camera and announce proudly: "We shall rebuild."

One of my favorite psalms is Psalm 127: 1:  "Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain."

Jesus ends this ominous teaching by saying:
"But the one who listens and does not act is like a person who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the river burst against it, it collapsed at once and was completely destroyed.”

Floods and hurricanes are part of life. Houses are simple enough to be replaced. But lives are much harder. He who builds on the word of God builds on a solid foundation.

"The riches of My kingdom are for all whom I have redeemed with My own Blood, but it pleases Me to bestow them through My Mother, the Queen and Mediatrix who stood at the foot of My Cross, offering Me and offering herself with Me. Today she reigns with Me in paradise.  All that I won for souls from My Father on the altar of the Cross, with My Mother at My side, I will now pour out on souls through her Heart and through her hands. This, too, is the secret of a fruitful priesthood. In every priestly act and in all of life, place your hands in the hands of My Mother and your heart in her Heart." (IN SINU JESU page 35).

Mary Queen of Peace, pray for us.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2