JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, September 12, 2021

The Feast of St John Chrysostom, Bishop and Doctor of the Church.

"Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof. Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed." (Luke 7: 1.... 10).

Monday 13th September 2021, in the 24th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of a Giant in our faith: St John Chrysostom, Archbishop of Constantinople and Doctor of the Church. (349 - 407).  Syrian. As the Archbishop of Constantinople, John Chrysostom could have chosen a quiet, comfortable and non controversial life. Not Chrysostom, a great admirer of St Paul the Apostle, he worked very hard for the cause of the poor and the marginalized people in his See. "When fully trained, every disciple will be like his teacher." (Luke 6: 40).
John Chrysostom was fully trained and became a great preacher and teacher in addition to his other ministries.

Bishop Chrysostom is known for his patience in great suffering in the course of his life and left us an example of invincible courage and patience. He died on his way to his last exile. We continue to enjoy today the vast writings he left behind.

Do you recognize where you hear our key Scripture for today?
"Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof. Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed."
Of course at the Mass before Holy
Communion. These are the extraordinary affirmation of faith of the Centurion that astonished Jesus. These words are part of the Liturgy of the Holy Eucharist used worldwide.

When Jesus heard the centurion say this, He was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” When the messengers returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.

Below is a tiny bit of what St John Chrysostom wrote on the Eucharist:

"O miracle! O goodness of God! He that sits above with the Father…gives himself to all who desire to embrace and receive him. At that moment all do this with the eyes of faith."

St John Chrysostom is the patron saint of preachers.
St John Chrysostom pray for us.

"Many priests do not have a real and practical faith in My Eucharistic presence. Do they not know that the Eucharist encloses within itself all the merits of My Passion? Let them recover the faith of their childhood. Let them come to find Me there where I am waiting for them and I, for My part, shall work miracles of grace and holiness in them." (IN SINU JESU page 26).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

3 comments:

  1. IN SINU JESU page references are coming in wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the book and Kindle edition of IN SINU JESU. I use the Kindle frequently and the references match well with the book edition. This time, they did not. I am sorry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday, October 29, 2007.
    Page 14 in the book and 26 in the Kindle edition.
    I think the date reference is better. It is the same in the Kindle and the book.
    Thank you for noticing the discrepancy.

    ReplyDelete

23-Psalm1to2