JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Who is the Christ of God?

Once when Jesus was praying in solitude, and the disciples were with him, he asked them, “Who do the crowds say that I am?” They said in reply, “John the Baptist; others, Elijah; still others, ‘One of the ancient prophets has arisen.’” Then he said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter said in reply, “The Christ of God.”  (Luke 9: 18.... 22).

Friday 24th September 2021, in the 25th Week in Ordinary Time. We shall honor the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus today.

"Clothe us, Lord God, with the virtues of the Heart of your Son and set us aflame with his love,
that, conformed to his image,
we may merit a share in eternal Redemption. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

The Gospel of today is Peter's Confession of the Divinity of Jesus.  According to Luke, Peter's reply to the question of Jesus, “But who do you say that I am?” is “The Christ of God.”

Why is the incident of Peter's Confession repeated several times in the Liturgical Year in all the Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke)?

“The Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised.”

1. This is the central doctrine and key revelation of the Christian faith. The Church wants everyone to know and understand it thoroughly. 
2. Peter is appointed as the chief and leader of the Apostles.
3. Peter's Confession mercifully reveals Peter's weakness. What does this mean for us? What if for example you are challenged by alcohol. One day you learn that your revered CEO was challenged by the same addiction when he was your age. With a sigh of relief, you may think: There is hope for me.

There is hope for everyone who calls upon the Name of Jesus.

"I am your Friend. I have chosen you to be in life and in death the privileged friend of My Sacred Heart. I bless you and I bless those whom you entrust to the mercy of My open Heart. The light of My Face shines upon you. Believe in My love for you. I will never abandon you, never disappoint you. My plans are for your happiness, for your holiness, for your peace. Have no fear. I will do for you all that I have promised, and your heart will rejoice, and you will praise and glorify Me forever." (IN SINU JESU, Wednesday, December 19, 2007).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2