JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, September 25, 2021

The freedom of the Spirit.

"At that time, John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in your name, and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us.” Jesus replied, “Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me. For whoever is not against us is for us."  (Mark 9: 38.... 48)

Sunday 26th September 2021, in the 26th Week in Ordinary Time.

Once upon a time, a learned and devout pastor of my parish said in a homily that one of the most profound mysteries of God's mighty, merciful and mysterious Providence in his opinion is allowing Martin Luther to tear the Church apart. I had reflected much about this comment. My consolation comes from the words of St Augustine: "God will never permit any evil unless He can draw a greater good from it."

The first Reading from Numbers 11: 25 - 29 and the Gospel Reading reminds us that God's ways are not our ways and God's thoughts are not our thoughts. Our mistake is to think that God's ways and thoughts are similar to ours but much more bigger.

In the first Reading from the Book of Numbers, we see a type and shadow of Pentecost where the Spirit of God works independently of human expectations.
In the Gospel, we read:
"At that time, John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in your name, and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us.”

A propos the sovereignty and independence of the Holy Spirit, Jesus says:  "The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (John 3: 8 NIV).

Are you trying to block the action of the Holy Spirit in your life or in the life of someone else?
“Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me. For whoever is not against us is for us."

"My Heart thirsts for the love of the saints. To those who come to Me, I will give love and holiness. And in this shall My Father be glorified.  And this shall come to pass through the intimate action of My Spirit. Where I am present in the Sacrament of My love, there also is the Spirit of the Father and of the Son. It is by the Holy Spirit that My Eucharistic presence is My glorious presence to the Father in heaven, and it is by the Holy Spirit that My Eucharistic presence touches the souls who adore Me to unite them to Me, and to bear them up even before My Father’s face."  (IN SINU JESU, Monday, October 29, 2007).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2