JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, September 27, 2021

Feast of two martyrs: Saints Wenceslaus and Lawrence Ruiz.

"On the way [to Jerusalem] they [Jesus and His disciples] entered a Samaritan village to prepare for his reception there, but they would not welcome him because the destination of his journey was Jerusalem. When the disciples James and John saw this they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call down fire from heaven to consume them?” Jesus turned and rebuked them, and they journeyed to another village." (Luke 9: 51... 56).

Tuesday 28th September 2021, 26th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of two martyrs:  St Wenceslaus (907 - 929). King and Martyr. Saintly monarch. Murdered by his own brother in a sibling rivalry that reminds us of Cain and Abel.
St Lorenzo (Lawrence) Ruiz (+1630). Filipino layman and his companions. Martyred in Japan with other Christian missionaries.

Our key Scripture for today reinforces the lesson I learned as a salesman. A good salesman does not force himself or his product on people. Make the best presentation and product demonstration you are able to. At the end, if the prospect says no, move on to the next prospect. I have found sometimes that the next prospect might actually be very happy to make a purchase. It was a very hard lesson for me to get. I took No as a personal rejection. Jesus taught His disciples that the field of Evangelization is very wide. He shares His way of winning souls below:

"My way is one of gentleness, of mercy, and of compassion. I offer My Cross to souls, but I never impose it, and when a soul begins to say “Yes” to the sweet and terrible exigencies of My love, I fit My Cross to her shoulders, and then help her to carry it step by step, increasing its weight only as that soul grows in love and in the fortitude that comes from the Holy Spirit." (IN SINU JESU, September 23, 2011, Feast of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2