JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, October 09, 2021

The Spirit of Wisdom is very precious.

"I prayed, and prudence was given me; I pleaded, and the spirit of wisdom came to me. I preferred her to scepter and throne, and deemed riches nothing in comparison with her, nor did I liken any priceless gem to her; because all gold, in view of her, is a little sand, and before her, silver is to be accounted mire. Beyond health and comeliness I loved her, and I chose to have her rather than the light, because the splendor of her never yields to sleep. Yet all good things together came to me in her company, and countless riches at her hands." (Wisdom 7: 7 - 11).

Sunday 10th October 2021, in the 28th Week in Ordinary Time.

The Spirit of Wisdom is more precious than gold and silver. This is the message of the first Reading in this 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time. A rich young man in today's Gospel comes to Jesus to ask for wisdom for his life. Jesus looks at him, loves and offered him the best of the best wisdom: “You are lacking in one thing. Go, sell what you have, and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.”

What would you do if you are this rich young man? I might say to Jesus: "This is a hard saying. Let me think about it for a while."
The Gospel reports that when the man heard the reply of Jesus,  "his face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions."

At the root of the young man's response is: Lack of faith and lack of wisdom. It is a sad and tragic response. The many possessions of the man have now possessed him and made him a slave. We see this situation too often in life. The Lord Jesus provides a solution in Matthew 6: 33.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." (NLT).

"The riches of My kingdom are for all whom I have redeemed with My own Blood, but it pleases Me to bestow them through My Mother, the Queen and Mediatrix who stood at the foot of My Cross, offering Me and offering herself with Me. Today she reigns with Me in paradise.  All that I won for souls from My Father on the altar of the Cross, with My Mother at My side, I will now pour out on souls through her Heart and through her hands. This, too, is the secret of a fruitful priesthood. In every priestly act and in all of life, place your hands in the hands of My Mother and your heart in her Heart." (IN SINU JESU, Tuesday, January 8, 2008).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2