JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 15, 2021

The Feast of St Margaret Mary Alacoque & St Hedwig.

" When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do not worry about how or what your defense will be or about what you are to say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.” (Luke 12: 11 - 12).

Saturday 16th October 2021 in the 28th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647 - 1690). St Margaret is the French Visitation Nun that brought the world the private revelations of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Devotees of the Sacred Heart of Jesus owe St Margaret Mary eternal gratitude for her great work.

Today is also the feast of St Hedwig (1173 - 1243). Wife of the Duke of Poland and mother of 7 children. After the death of her husband, Hedwig took the habit of a Nun and lived the rest of her life in a Cistercian monastery that she and her late husband had founded.

I have always loved the key Scripture for today. "When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do not worry about how or what your defense will be or about what you are to say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say.”
Do you believe this to be true? Yes. I believe it to be true because I have experienced the truth several times. The Lord has been by my side and given me wisdom words to say when I was in most need of such counsels. I have been full of amazement and have never forgotten the experience.

St Margaret Mary, our Saint for today is full of confidence in the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Abraham and David taught us that trust and confidence in God cause God to make us righteous.  We are not justified by our works.

"Allow Me to speak words of peace to your soul. Trust Me in all things. Trust that I will not abandon you, nor will I deprive you of My friendship. My desire is to hold conversation with you, to speak to you, as I have often said, heart to heart, as a man converses with his best friend. Why do you doubt? Believe in My friendship for you. It is My gift to you, and I will not withdraw what I have given you out of the love of My Heart." (IN SINU JESU, Thursday, October 17, 2008 Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque."

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2