JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Come to Jesus our Compassionate High Priest with Supreme Confidence.

"Brothers and sisters: Since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has similarly been tested in every way, yet without sin. So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help." (Hebrews 4: 14 -16).

Sunday 17th October 2021, in the 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time.

Our key Scripture is from the 2nd Reading this Sunday. I have always liked the message.
Come to Jesus our merciful and compassionate High Priest with trust and confidence to receive grace and mercy at the nick of time. That is, at the very moment you are in need of grace and mercy.

We are told by the Evangelist John that the Law comes through Moses but grace and mercy come through Jesus Christ. (Cf John 1: 17).

How do we get hold of this grace and mercy? That is the lesson that Abraham learned from God. (Cf Romans 1). It is not from our might or hard work but in trusting confidence in God. David the man after God's heart learned too the same lesson.  Prayer is the Activator of Power.

"So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help."

"Here in My presence I will fill you, not only for yourself, but also for all those to whom it will be given you to transmit My messages of love and of mercy. I want also that you should speak to them of My solitude in the tabernacle. Certain sophisticated minds will laugh at this. They forget that I am not there like some inanimate object. It is My Heart that waits for you in the tabernacle; it is My gaze that, full of tenderness, fixes itself, from the tabernacle, on those who draw near to it. I am not there for My own sake. I am there to feed you and to fill you with the joys of My presence." (IN SINU JESU, Monday, October 29, 2007 - BEFORE VESPERS).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2