JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, February 12, 2022

God is faithful to His promises and provides All our needs.

GOD WILL PROVIDE.

“My heart is moved with pity for the crowd, because they have been with me now for three days and have nothing to eat. If I send them away hungry to their homes, they will collapse on the way, and some of them have come a great distance.” (Mark 8: 1.....10).

Saturday 12th February 2022 in the 5th Week in Ordinary Time.  Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23: 1).

Do you find yourself in constant want or need? Example: I need a new car, shoe, job, suit, house, whatever? If the Lord is truly our Good Shepherd, we ought to be content with what He provides. The promise to provide and protect is one of the great privileges of the children of God. Hence in the Our Father, we pray every day: GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD. Also: DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

In spite of these great assurances of divine provision and protection, there are noticeable insecurities about these in the Christian communities.
The restless spirit harbors the spirit of the world. We are warned not to compromise with the spirit of the world but to allow the word of God to shape our vision of the world. (Cf Romans 12: 2).

"They all ate and were satisfied."

How do you feel when your Good Shepherd feeds you? If you are not satisfied, then what and who can satisfy you? The spirit of the world is a restless spirit, full of discontentment. Reject him. Tell him boldly:
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He is my Provider. I shall eat and be satisfied.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2