JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, March 04, 2022

Matthew gave a dinner for Jesus for calling and choosing him.

TRUST AND CONFIDENCE IN GOD'S MIGHTY, MERCIFUL AND MYSTERIOUS  PROVIDENCE  IS THE TRUTH THAT SETS US FREE FROM FEAR, WORRY AND DOUBT.
EXERCISE THIS TRUST AND CONFIDENCE AND SEE IT GROW.

"Jesus saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the customs post. He said to him, “Follow me.” And leaving everything behind, he got up and followed him. Then Levi gave a great banquet for him in his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were at table with them. The Pharisees and their scribes complained to his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” Jesus said to them in reply, “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do. I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners.” (Luke 5: 25 - 32).

Saturday 5th February 2022, Saturday after Ash Wednesday.

The Pharisees and their scribes became scandalized when they saw that Jesus ate with sinners and tax collectors.

Jesus heard their murmuring and said to them: “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do. I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners.”

Levi who is also called Matthew left everything: job, money, house and property and friends and followed the stranger named Jesus. This strikes me as a great act of faith. Matthew was not a saint when Jesus called him. But Jesus did not come to call saints.  Paul describes his own calling thus:
"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.  Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." (1 Timothy 1: 12 - 14).

The word Mercy is found in the Bible countless times.  Abba Father Himself is described as the "Father of mercy and God of all consolation."  (2 Corinthians 1: 3). 

In the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we find abundant mercy waiting for everyone.  To receive mercy is as simple as ABC:
+Ask for Mercy.
+Be Merciful.
+Completely trust Jesus for Mercy.

Jesus delights in sinners because sinners give Him the opportunity to show off His mercy. Why did Jesus institute the Sacred Heart of Jesus Devotion? The Divine Mercy Devotion? Jesus delights in mercy.

"My apostles wanted for nothing so long as I was with them.  In having Me in their midst, they had the very Source and Creator of all that is, that was, and that ever will be. You have Me close to you. I am here before you in the Sacrament of My love. Remain with Me for My sake; I will provide for you." (IN SINU JESU, Tuesday, February 3, 2009)

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2