JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, May 14, 2022

As I love you, love one another.

THE WORD OF GOD IS A DIVINE COMMAND. IT ACCOMPLISHES WHATEVER IT IS SENT TO. WHEN WE RECEIVE IT IN FAITH, WHAT HAPPENS? MIRACLE!

As I have loved you, so you shall love one another.

 "My children, I will be with you only a little while longer. I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13: 31.....35).

Sunday, 15th May 2022 of the 5th week of Easter.

A short Gospel for this Sunday but powerful message. Jesus gives us a new commandment. Actually, the only thing that is new here is: "As I have loved you, so you also should love one another." This is what makes it tough and very challenging. When Jesus taught in His sermons on the mountain: "Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect," we thought this is a hyperbole. Now Jesus commands: "As I have loved you, so you also should love one another."

How has Jesus loved you and me? Let us search the Scriptures.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
+
"It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  
+
"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
+
"It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13: 4 - 7).

In 1 Corinthians 13: 4 - 7, we see the attributes of love.
This is how Jesus loves you and me. Is this how you love yourself? Your neighbor?

5. 15. "The veneration of the Virgin Mary has accompanied the path of the Church from the beginning; Marian feast days began to appear already in the fourth century: in some the role of the Virgin in the history of salvation is exalted; in others the principal moments of her earthly life are celebrated."
( Pope Benedict XVI).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2