JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Why and how God chose Moses.

The Choice, the Call and the Anointing of Moses

"Moses was tending the flock of his father-in-law Jethro, the priest of Midian. Leading the flock across the desert, he came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 

"There an angel of the Lord appeared to him in fire flaming out of a bush. As he looked on, he was surprised to see that the bush, though on fire, was not consumed. So Moses decided, “I must go over to look at this remarkable sight, and see why the bush is not burned.”

"When the Lord saw him coming over to look at it more closely, God called out to him from the bush, “Moses! Moses!” He answered, “Here I am.” God said, “Come no nearer! Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.

"I am the God of your father,” he continued, “the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob.

"The cry of the children of Israel has reached me, and I have truly noted that the Egyptians are oppressing them. 

"Come, now! I will send you to Pharaoh to lead my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.”

"But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and lead the children of Israel out of Egypt?” 

"He answered, “I will be with you; 

"And this shall be your proof that it is I who have sent you: when you bring my people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this very mountain.”(Exodus 3: 1 - 6, 9 - 12).

Wednesday 19th July 2023 in 15th Week of Ordinary Time. 

Moses the humble shepherd of the priest of Madian is chosen, called and anointed as the man who will lead Israel out of Egypt, receive the Ten Commandments from God and deliver it to the People. 

God choose the people the world considers absurd to serve Him in high office. 

Consider the profile of Moses at this point:

  • 80 years humble Shepherd. 

  • Probable speech impediment. 

  • Fugitive from the criminal justice system of powerful Egypt. 

Why did God choose such a man? Because this is who God is and how He works. God chooses people despised by this world and promote them to do great things. 

In the Magnificat, Mary reveals the divine template when it comes to the Choice, the Call and the Anointing of His collaborators:

“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior.

For he has looked upon his handmaid’s lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.

The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name." (Luke 1: 46 - 49).

This template of Choice, Call and Anointing applies to the Patriarchs, David, Mary, John the Baptist, etc. 

The Church honors the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ in July. 

For Devotion, Litany of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ and other prayers, click the link below:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/04/devotion-to-most-precious-blood-of.html?m=1

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2