JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The Feast of St Apollinaris, Bishop and Martyr.

Feast of St Apollinaris. 

"Moses, hearing the voice of the Lord from the burning bush, said to him, “When I go to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ if they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what am I to tell them?”

"God replied, “I am who am.” Then he added, “This is what you shall tell the children of Israel: I AM sent me to you.”

"God spoke further to Moses, “Thus shall you say to the children of Israel: The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.

“This is my name forever; this my title for all generations.“

“Yet I know that the king of Egypt will not allow you to go unless he is forced. I will stretch out my hand, therefore, and smite Egypt by doing all kinds of wondrous deeds there. After that he will send you away.” (Exodus 3: 13 - 20).

Thursday July 20th in the 15th Week of Ordinary Time is the feast of St Apollinaris. 

St Apollinaris. (Bishop and Martyr). Syrian. Died 79 AD in Ravenna, Italy where he was Bishop. Two things are fascinating about our saint:

#1 The Apostle Peter himself ordained him a Bishop.

#2 St Apollinaris had an extraordinary gift of healing. The pagan Roman priests were so jealous of him that they persuaded Emperor Claudius to put him to death.

Our key Scripture from Exodus is a very important Scripture in the entire Bible. God reveals His Name. 

What is in the Name of God? The Name of God contains His Presence, Person and Power. 

GOD IS "I AM". 

GOD IS NOW! GOD IS NOT "I WAS". 

GOD IS "I AM". GOD IS NOT "I WILL BE". 

GOD IS "I AM". GOD IS ETERNAL PRESENCE. 

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the God who is here and now. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and us are eternally present in Him. 

The Church honors the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ in July. 

For Devotion, Litany of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ and other prayers, click the link below:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/04/devotion-to-most-precious-blood-of.html?m=1

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2