JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

I WILL BEAR WITNESS TO YOU IN THE WORLD O LORD!

I WILL BEAR WITNESS TO YOU IN THE WORLD. 


"Jesus said to the Jews: “If I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is not true. But there is another who ­testifies on my behalf, and I know that the testimony he gives on my behalf is true.

"You sent emissaries to John, and he testified to the truth.

"I do not accept ­human testimony, but I say this so that you may be saved. He was a burning and shining lamp, and for a while you were content to rejoice in his light. But I have testimony greater than John’s. 

"The works that the Father gave me to accomplish, these works that I perform testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me. Moreover, the Father who sent me has testified on my behalf. But you have never heard his voice nor seen his form, and you do not have his word remaining in you, because you do not believe in the one whom he has sent.

"You search the Scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf. But you do not want to come to me to have life.

“I do not accept human praise; moreover, I know that you do not have the love of God in you. I came in the name of my Father, but you do not accept me; yet if another comes in his own name, you will accept him.

"How can you believe, when you accept praise from one another and do not seek the praise that comes from the only God? Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father: the one who will accuse you is Moses, in whom you have placed your hope. For if you had believed Moses, you would have believed me, because he wrote about me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?” (John 5: 31 - 47).

Thursday 14th March 2024 in the 4th Week in Lent. 

The keyword in today's Gospel is TESTIMONY /WITNESS. 


Jesus Christ, the Son of God came to save the world. Jesus was not a low ranger. He had faithful, true and credible witnesses to authenticate that He was what He says He was. The Son of God. 


These are the Witnesses to Jesus:


1. John the Baptist. 

2. The works of Jesus: miracles and teachings. We might add here holy and scandal-free life of Jesus. 

3. Scriptures. 

4. The Father: "This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased."


How do we bear testimony to Jesus Christ?

Jesus says to us:


"It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you." (John 15: 16).


Our response should be:


"I will bear witness to You in the world O Lord.  I will spread the knowledge of Your name among my brothers and sisters.  (Psalm 17: 50 ; 21:23).

Let us make it an enthusiastic response. 

NOVENA OF ST JOSEPH: MARCH 10 TO 19. 


St Joseph is the man chosen by God to be the foster father and guardian of Jesus.


Joseph is a man of high purity and chastity. God chose him to be the husband of Mary because God had fitted him with the appropriate graces to protect the perpetual virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.


The Church considers St Joseph the greatest Saint after the Blessed Virgin Mary. Joseph is so fittingly named the Patron of the Universal Church.  Remember that he was the Guardian of Jesus and in his intercessory role, you can believe that Jesus will deny nothing to Joseph.


For Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link:


http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/05/devotion-to-st-joseph.html?m=1


+++++++++++++++++++++++

Daily Bible Verse @ 

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2