JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, March 15, 2024

JEREMIAH, A FIGURE OF JESUS THE PROPHET.


THE PLOT AGAINST THE PROPHET JEREMIAH 

"I knew their plot because the LORD informed me;

at that time you, O LORD, showed me their doings.


Yet I, like a trusting lamb led to slaughter,

had not realized that they were hatching plots against me:


"Let us destroy the tree in its vigor;

let us cut him off from the land of the living,

so that his name will be spoken no more." 


But, you, O LORD of hosts, O just Judge,

searcher of mind and heart,

Let me witness the vengeance you take on them,

for to you I have entrusted my cause! (Jeremiah 11: 18 - 20). 

THE CALL OF THE PROPHET JEREMIAH. 

"The word of the Lord came to him in the days of Josiah...... 


"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

    before you were born I dedicated you,

    a prophet to the nations I appointed you.

“Ah, Lord God!” I said,

    “I do not know how to speak. I am too young!”

But the Lord answered me,

Do not say, “I am too young.”

    To whomever I send you, you shall go;

    whatever I command you, you shall speak.

Do not be afraid of them,

    for I am with you to deliver you—oracle of the Lord.

"Then the Lord extended his hand and touched my mouth, saying to me,


See, I place my words in your mouth!

"Today I appoint you

    over nations and over kingdoms,

To uproot and to tear down,

    to destroy and to demolish,

    to build and to plant.


Then the Lord said to me: You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to carry it out... 


"But you, prepare yourself;

    stand up and tell them

    all that I command you.

Do not be terrified on account of them,

    or I will terrify you before them;

"For I am the one who today

    makes you a fortified city,

A pillar of iron, a wall of bronze,

    against the whole land:

Against Judah’s kings and princes,

    its priests and the people of the land.


They will fight against you, but not prevail over you,

    for I am with you to deliver you—oracle of the Lord." (Jeremiah 11: 18: 20; 1: 1 - 19).


Saturday 16th March 2024 in the 4th Week in Lent.

Our key Scripture for today is from the Call of the Prophet Jeremiah and how quickly his enemies rose up against him to silence him so that he could not say a single word from the Lord.

The Lord God prepared Jeremiah thoroughly for his mission.


What is your vocation and your mission? No matter what your vocation or mission is: Housewife, teacher, priest, politician, banker, nurse, etc we all have the same common Enemy: Satan, the liar and the killer, the intimidator who does not want us to serve God.

We overcome him by:



FEAST OF ST JOSEPH - TUESDAY, MARCH 19, 2024. HONOR ST JOSEPH WITH A HOLY MASS. 

St Joseph is the man chosen by God to be the foster father and guardian of Jesus.


For Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link:


http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/05/devotion-to-st-joseph.html?m=1


+++++++++++++++++++++++

Daily Bible Verse @ 

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2