JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, April 26, 2024

ASK IN MY NAME AND RECEIVE.

IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT. 

"Jesus said to his disciples: “If you know me, then you will also know my Father.

"From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

"Philip said to Jesus, “Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip?

"Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves.

"Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.

"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.” (John 14: 7 - 14).

Saturday 27th April 2024 in the 4th Week in the Easter Season. 

Reflect with me on this great promise of Jesus on Prayer:

"If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.”

Jesus Christ Himself taught that Prayer is a vital necessity. (Luke 18:1). God is obliged as a matter of justice to answer every Prayer.  ("Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily." (Luke 18: 7 - 8).

The God of Abraham is the God of Covenant who remembers His covenant forever. 

Two of my greatest teachers on Prayer are:

1. St Alphonsus Liguori, CSsR. 

2. St Claude de la Colombière, SJ. 

Their teaching on Prayer is remarkably similar.  Here is what I learned about their teaching on Prayer:

Pray with faith.

Ask God for big stuff.

Pray with persistence. 

Ask with persistence until you receive what you ask. If you quit asking before you receive, blame yourself. If God does not intend to grant your prayer, you will know somehow interiorly and quit.

Since Prayer is such a vital necessity in life, it is worth paying any price to get this gift and learn as much as possible about Prayer. Every significant gift I have enjoyed in life came from Prayer.

I learned from the Liturgy of the Hours: "T'is not from chance springs any of the comfort we enjoy but from God's gracious ordaining."

This is true. Ask and you shall receive.

THE EUCHARIST IS THE PRECIOUS BODY AND BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. 

The Church honors the HOLY EUCHARIST in APRIL. 

For Teachings, Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2024/03/the-holy-eucharist_31.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2