JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

THE FEAST OF ST PIUS X. PONTIFF.

THE FEAST OF ST PIUS X. PONTIFF. 

Psalm 23

"The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

In verdant pastures he gives me repose;


Beside restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul. 


He guides me in right paths

for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk in the dark valley

I fear no evil; for you are at my side

With your rod and your staff

that give me courage. 



You spread the table before me

in the sight of my foes;

You anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows. 

"Only goodness and kindness will follow me

all the days of my life;

And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

for years to come." (Psalm 23).

Wednesday August 21st in the 20th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Pius X, Pope.


 St Pius X was lived between 1835 - 1914. He was Italian and Pope.


The Church and the world owe St Pius X a great deal for these innovations that we take for granted today: Frequent Holy Communion, renewed emphasis on the Catechism, children receiving Holy Communion from an early age. Reform of seminaries.  For his work on the Eucharist, he is called the Pope of the Eucharist.

He defended stoutly the integrity of the Catholic faith against modernist heresies.

 His papal motto: "To restore all things in Christ" became truly his magnificent obsession. 


“I was born poor, I lived poor, I die poor” was his final word. He died brokenhearted because he could not avert the First World War that started in 1914.


Famous Quote:

"Holy Communion is the shortest and safest way to heaven." (Pope St Pius X).


There is abundance of good food and sweet wine in the Scriptures of today:

1. Ezekiel 34: 1 - 11.

2. Psalm 23: Responsorial. 

3. Matthew 20: 1 - 16.


Because of the abundance of current favors the Lord has shown me, I feel moved to shout with David: THE LORD IS MY GOOD SHEPHERD! 

In the great teaching of Isaiah we read:


"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope [WAIT] in the Lord will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;


they will run and not grow weary,  they will walk and not be faint."  (Isaiah 40: 30-31).


I place my hopes in my Good Shepherd for provision and protection. He has not disappointed me. 


The Eucharist is the Sacrament of hope.  It is the fulfillment of a promise.  "I shall be with you ALWAYS." 


Those who wait on the Lord for fulfillment of prayer should be constant at the Eucharist to strengthen their hope. 

As prayer strengthens faith, so the Eucharist strengthens hope. 


The real, true, bodily, personal Presence of Our Eucharistic Lord is absolute proof of His never-ending and never-changing love for me.

O Lord I trust in You. All my hope is in You! 


August is the Month dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Mary says: "In the end. My Immaculate Heart will triumph." 

For Prayers of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Litany, Promises of Mary to those who say the Holy Rosary, etc click the link below:


http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/06/immaculate-heart-of-mary-consecration.html?m=10 



No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2