JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

The 4-Way Test

The 4-Way Test

“I give you a new commandment:  love one another; just as I have loved you, you also must love one another.  By this love you have for one another, everyone will know that you are my disciples.”  (John 13: 34 – 35)


In the last three years of corporate world experience, I joined the Rotary International Club.  We met every week for fellowship and followed a set ritual which reminds one of the Church’s liturgy.  One of the rituals that was observed every week was the recitation of the four-way test:
  • Is it fair to all concerned?

  • Will it build good and better friendship?

  • Is it the truth?

  • Is it beneficial to all concerned?

Jesus tells his disciples “just as I have loved you, you also must love one another.”  If I can apply the four-way test in my dealings with people today, I will begin to obey the words of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2