JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Washing Feet

Washing Feet

“You call me Master and Lord, and rightly; so I am.  If I, then, the Lord and Master, have washed your feet, you should wash each others’ feet.  I have given you an example so that you may copy what I have done to you.”  (John 13: 13 – 15)

Christ is teaching me through the above incidence humility and the spirit of service.  How do I apply this lesson here and now?  My home, the Church, my workplace is my training ground, my laboratory to practice this lesson.  Through the circumstances of everyday life, God is training me and saving me.  How do I wash the feet of my brethren today?  What concrete services should I render them that will amount to the washing of feet?  

The Visitation of Mary to her cousin Elizabeth was an opportunity for service.  Mary anticipated Elizabeth’s needs and fulfilled them.   In the home of Elizabeth, Mary must have performed many washing of feet.  Jesus is asking me today to anticipate the humble needs of  my sisters and brothers and do something about them.  

Thank you for the lesson Jesus.  I accept your teaching and I am disposed to follow it.  I need your grace to live these principles today.  Give me your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2